Trash Collection & Recycling Program
- Curbside recycling and curbside yard waste collection services are provided by Local Waste and is paid for by the Village. Please contact the municipal building to get on the trash pickup list. Council has agreed to continue to pay the residents’ trash through the end of 2020.
- Trash collection and curbside recycling will be picked up each Thursday, except when a National Holiday falls on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Then pick up will be on Friday. Each household is provided one trash bin and one recycling bin at no cost.
- If any resident wants an additional trash container, please contact Local Waste at
(614) 409-9375. There will be a $36.00 annual fee that the resident will be required to pay. The Village will not pay for additional trash containers.
- Refuse containers must be returned to the building line of each residence within twenty four (24) hours after trash collection. (Ordinance 13-75) Do NOT bundle or place recycling materials in plastic bags, place loosely in bins. Below are items that are able to be recycled.
- Yard waste will be picked up with the trash collection. Tree limbs and shrubbery must be cut and bundled with biodegradable twine or string. Grass, leaves and plant materials should be placed in biodegradable paper or other paper bags.
- For disposal of paint, and other hazardous household materials not listed above, please contact SWACO at (614) 871-5100 for a schedule of drop-off locations.
SWACO will not accept: appliances, tires, trash, propane tanks (over 20 lbs.) asbestos, needles, medical waste, used oil, car batteries, household cleaners and latex paint.
- Latex paint, when dried, is not considered hazardous and can be disposed in your bagged and tied trash. If the latex paint has not dried, stabilize it with cat litter or sawdust before disposing of in the trash. Visit www.swaco.org for more information.